Wednesday, March 29, 2006

If this is spring i want my money back!

Good day faithful readers. The equinox, the "official" start of spring is now behind us here in London, so you be expecting nice mild days, clear blue skies, baby lambs jumping about, right? Well apparently that's not how it works over here. It seems that you're still in for another good month of crappy weather before you can even contemplate bringing anything resembling summer gear out of storage.

Having said that I can't grumble too much because it has actually warmed up a bit. The temperature actually hit double figures the other day... and they weren't even negative! This was quite a change from the first part of the month when the average temperature was 2.4C!

The flowers too seem to be optimistic about the weather to come. The first day we had a bit of nice weather these daffodils out the front of my house decided that it was definitely time to come out of hibernation. I was somewhat surprised, not just by the fact that they had decided to come out at the slightest hint of warmth, but that there were actually flowers in my garden to begin with!

I realise that England doesn't have quite the same sort summer as Australia, and I've come to terms with that. But by jingo, by crikey I can't wait until we start seeing the weather girl tell us about temperature in at least the 20's.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 am, Blogger suelynanas said...

if it's any consolation, in paris, we get a little sunshine in the morning, wind at noon and rain for the rest of the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home