Sunday, February 19, 2006

The king on his throne

Good day faithful reader. Here's a question for you all... do you like it when it comes from over the top or from underneath? What am I talking about? Toilet paper of course! I was sitting there on the throne the other day pondering the day's events, as I often do, when I looked across and noticed that it was coming from underneath. Being the borderline obsessive compulsive that I am it was absolutely necessary that I changed it immediately (if I'm in someone else's house I'm always considerate enough to change it back again before I leave). Yes, that's right, I prefer it when it comes from over the top. Personally I don't see how you could like it any other way! If it comes from over the top I find it to be far more user friendly as it hangs down right there waiting for you to grab it. This compares to coming from underneath where it quite often hangs up against the wall and you have to grapple with it to get it off, like trying to pick a pin up off the floor!

Anyways, after I had made the appropriate adjustments there was still some work to do, so this gave me opportunity to think about how the eternal battle between those who prefer over the top and those who prefer underneath could be brought to a peaceful conclusion. The solution that I came up with was this. As we all know, most roll holders are simple and held on the wall be two screws. What we need is for the while roll holder to be mounted on a pivot so that roll itself is able to flipped end over end, thereby allowing either type of user easily put the roll in their preferred position without having all the complications of removing the roll and risking dropping it on the floor. I see this as the first step to introducing toilets similar to seats in expensive cars, where you sit down, enter your code and everything changes to your pre-set preferences. In this case however, instead of the steering wheel moving up, seat moving back, the toilet roll will change, the seat will warm up, the height will change. What a wonderful new world it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home