Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry christmas to you all!

Good day faithful reader, and a very Merry Christmas to you all! I hope that you've all had an absolutely wonderful day with your family and friends. As for myself, the day has nearly concluded, and although it was rather sad not to be able to spend probably my favourite day of the year away from my family, the day was quite enjoyable.

One thing that I can say about it is that it started a lot earlier than I ideally would have liked! My parents/brother called at just after 8am, which would normally be a quite respectable time were it not for the fact that I had to work until 1:30am the previous night. Since I was then fully awake I had a nice lesiurely breakfast of scrambled eggs, cereal, coffee and juice. After this came the painful part of the day where I was required to work for a couple of hours, however the time went past very quickly thanks to the fact that there were so many people!

Even though I don't often give it the credit it deserves, I have to say that I come from an unbelievably good family (including aunts, uncles, cousins, grand parents), and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I'm sure that this gives me a somewhat skewed view of the world, however I really wonder about the lives of some of the clientel of the world famous Blue Anchor Pub when they choose to spend the greater portion of the day at the pub rather than with their loved ones.
Of course I spent the day at the pub also, however I can assure you that this was not by choice, and it was with the closest thing that I have to loved ones at the moment. After work we were treated to a rather nice lunch, with of course as much to drink as we liked of pretty much whatever we wanted. This was followed up with many games of pool, several failed attempts to play cards and more drinks.

Thats brings us to now, just before it's time to go to bed. So I shall now sign off, cut myself one more slice of the delicious Christmas cake that my Nick and Ed (my brother and his girlfriend) sent me and enjoy one more coffee before I go to bed and once again begin the count down to Christmas.

Best wishes to you all!