Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Itchy feet?

Good day faithful readers. Well, I've been over here in London for nearly two months now, so I've decided that it must certainly be time for me to go on holidays! I've had my holiday leave approved by the powers that be here at the world famous Blue Anchor Pub, so from 23 to 29Jan2006 I shall be touring around France and Spain!

To start with I'm going to be headed down to the village of Mielan, which is about 2hours SW of Toulouse. It's a fantastic little village in the foothills of the Pyrenees, an area in which you could easily spend weeks just touring around exploring and taking it easy. While I'm there I'll be staying in a beautiful cottage owned by Osborne House European Cottages (see the link on the side of the page), a very reputable company! Did I mention that I am a part owner of said company? You can't blame me for a little bit of free advertising can you?

During my stay there I'm going to making sure that some work that is supposed to be happening on the house during January actually happens. I also hope that I'll have a chance to meet a French girl that I have been corresponding with (in French) since I've been here. She attends university in Tarbes, but lives in a village only about 15-20km from Mielan and apparently is a very nice person as she took pity on my poor old mother when she was searching for the train station and showed her the way.

After Mielan I'm going to be going to Madrid (although how exactly I cover the distance is still to be decided) to see one of my best friends from when I was in Paris last year. Being a native Madrid-ian she has promised to show me all of the best places in town, so hopefully I'll get to see some the not so touristy stuff that I didn't see when I when I dropped by last year. Despite what seems to be popular opinion, I actually prefer Madrid to Barcelona. Barcelona has all the Gaudi stuff, which is excellent (particularly the Sagrada Familia), but Madrid seems to have more history to it and to me has more of a Spanish character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home