Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I was starting to get worried!

Good day faithful readers. Several months ago I booked my flights back to Australia via New York, and using my frequent flyers miles it only cost me a couple of hundred dollars after taxes. I was hoping to be able to use my frequent flyers miles to get me back to London too, but unfortunately I couldn't find a flight that had seat allocated to frequent flyers any time in the first three months of the year.

Oh well I though. I guess that I'll just have to pay for that leg of the journey... of course that didn't mean that I instantly went and booked that return flight. Of course not. Foolishly I thought that I'd delay that expense for a little while so that it didn't make such a dent in my balance.

Having just spent the last two days frantically searching the website's of every airline that I could think of just trying to find someone who had seats available, regardless of cost, I'm now thinking that was a bad move. Initially I couldn't find anything within 4 days either side of when I wanted to leave, and even then I was facing the prospect of paying around triple what I should have been paying.

Then I checked Air New Zealand. Flights on the day that I want, and although a little expensive (I should be able to get a return for the same price normally), not unacceptable. I have to fly the wrong way around the world (ie. via the US), but at least I'm not going to find myself stuck in Australia. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard there usually good flights from brussels. thanks to all the EU/EC hotshots, airlines need to keep their flights frequent. but not that many belgians fly, which means that economy seats are relatively easy to find compared to the rest of europe.

i haven't tried it yet, but keep that in mind next time.

have a safe journey home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home