Saturday, January 27, 2007

he's so sweet, he wouldn't hurt a fly

Good day faithful readers. I don't why it is, but no matter how hard I try to stay clean I seem to be constantly getting stuff on my clothes.

The other day I was coming home from somewhere and I was dying of thirst, so I thought that I would stop in and buy something to drink from the supermarket. I ended up getting a 1L carton of Innocent black current and blueberry fruit smoothie, which someone had recommended to me on a previous occasion.

While I was waiting at the bus stop I pulled it out of the bag and unscrewed the lid. Underneath was one of those pull tabs that they use to 'keep in the freshness' and ensure that no-one has tampered with the product. You can see what's coming can't you? Trying to pull the tab while continuing to hold on to the various bags that I had, when it eventually did come out I ended up spraying juice all up my arm!

In disgust I threw the tab back in the shopping bag, had a quick drink and threw the carton back in the bag too.

The next morning I decided to run into work. Generally when I do this I pack all my stuff (eg. work shirt, wallet, phone) into a plastic bag before putting it into my backpack so that it doesn't get cover in sweat and/or rain. Lacking anything else I had to use the shopping bag that I had used the day before. So I removed everything that I hadn't put away yet and placed my shirt etc in there.

When I arrived at work I had a shower and got all my things out to get changed. Pulling my shirt out I noticed a little red dot on the collar. "Hmm, what's that?" I thought, "I only washed this shirt yesterday". It was then that I took a closer look and noticed that not only was there red on the collar, there was red all down the front too. It suddenly occurred to me that when I had taken the shopping out of the bag before I left home I had neglected to take out the pull tab, which covered with smoothie, had been merrily dancing around with my white shirt inside my backpack for the last hour.

Bloody Innocent smoothies! I don't think that they're so damn innocent after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home