Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The missing link

Good day faithful readers. You can alert the presses, shout it to the world, the search for the missing link is over… and guess what? It’s me!

I went in to order a new bike the other day, which if you’re buying from somewhere other than Target means that they need to measure you up in all sorts of personal areas so that they can provide you with the right bike for you. Now, if you’d asked me beforehand to name two of my measurements which I thought would be unusual for my height, I would have said, broad shoulders, long torso. But apparently not! Apparently I’ve been fooling myself this entire time! According to the statistical data used by bicycle manufacturers, the average person of my height has a shoulder width of 426mm and torso length of 588mm, while I am 424mm and 577mm respectively. Strangely enough my leg length is also shorter than average, which can only mean that I’m not just metaphorically big headed!

Anyway, with these measurements it was all a matter of millimetres. Depending on where the guy happened to think my shoulder blade was on the day could have easily varied the results. When it came to arm lengths though it was a whole other matter. According to the results my arms are 3cm longer than average! Guess I won’t be able to use the short arms, deep pockets excuse at the next charity evening. With my short torso and legs and my extendable arms, my bloody knuckles will be dragging on the ground!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home