Saturday, April 08, 2006

The final hours

Good day faithful readers. Well, there's a mere 9 hours to go now before I'll be on the starting line with 34,000 other people ready to start the Paris Marathon. There we'll be, standing on the most beautiful boulevard in the world with the Arc de Triomphe as the back drop. The sun barely having risen we'll stream off down the Champs Elyeese toward Place de la Concorde and the Louvre and making our way east toward the Bois de Vincennes. After a loop of the park we head back along the banks of the Seine past some of the city's most famous land marks, including the Eiffel Tower. Following a short trip around the Bois de Boulogne we'll victoriously cross the finish line on Avenue de Foch with the Arc de Triomphe just in front of us. Should be an interesting journey!

At the moment I'm sitting at my friend's place feeling a little nervous I must say. Everything is as ready as I can make it. All I have to do is wake up, get dressed, eat my breakfast and catch the Metro to the start. Nothing can go wrong can it? I should take this opportunity here to point you all toward the new link that I've put to her blog on the right hand side of the screen. She's been blogging for less time than I have, but she's seems to have become addicted, whereas I have it under control. As such she's spent the entire weekend thus far pestering me to put a link to her sight. Go on, press it, you'll make her day!. At least I have the cat here to take my mind off things!

Anyways, I'd better sign off and get some sleep for tomorrow

2 Comments:

At 3:47 pm, Blogger suelynanas said...

thanks for advertising, sam.
(for the first 100 people who click on the link and read my blog, you get a free mystery prize! what are you waiting for? come check it out!)
proud that you have completed the marathon relatively intact and it was fun having you around. see you soon,
frozen & ananas

 
At 2:24 pm, Blogger SHEN Yi Elsie said...

Good day faithful reader (future reader), you are the real winner, i am only a marathon sleeper :)

hope to see you in london some day

Ana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home