Thursday, April 13, 2006

I love paris in the spring time... and every other time of the year

Good day faithful reader. In 2004 I spent 4 months on exchange in Paris and I enjoyed ever second that I was there. I went back to Australia firmly of the impression that it was the most wonderful city in the world... of those that I'd visited anyway.

My visit there on the weekend certainly did nothing to sway this opinion. I truly don't think that you could ever come across a more beautiful city. You could spend weeks there exploring different areas of the city, always finding something new and interesting to experience.

One of the places that I didn't get to visit while I was there last time was the Musee Rodin, home of the famous Thinker, so I decided that I'd take the opportunity this time. The gardens of the old mansion are beautifully laid out and make a perfect home for Rodin's sculptures. It's hardly any wonder that so many Parisiennes choose to spend their lunchtime sitting on the grass in the sun. It must be very peaceful.

My parents have been to France 3-4 times over the course of their life, and they've never been to Paris. They've even flown into Charles de Gaulle Airport and not gone into the city! They finally relented though and they plan on going later in the year. I'm very much looking forward to introducing them to all the things make the city such a wonderful place for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home