Saturday, June 24, 2006

The time is drawing near

Good day faithful readers. One of the novel features of the bathroom in my new place is that it has mirrors directly opposite one-another, one of which is able to be moved. This allows you to basically look at yourself from whichever angle you choose, rather than just face-to-face.

This morning while I was doing my hair I was checking myself out from all angles to make sure it was just so. It was while doing this that I saw myself in profile and noticed that, despite what the front view was telling me, my hair line seemed to be just a little further back than I had remembered it being. This, along with the growing number of… “silver” hairs that keep turning up, has me thinking that the time is drawing near when I’m going to have to pull out the clippers.

Neither going bald, nor going grey really concerns me too much, but for the sake of style I’ve always said that when the time comes I’m shaving my hair. I refuse to have an involuntary mow hawk, with long hair in the middle and nothing covering my temples. As such, the lot must go! Well, maybe just a stylish number 4 to start with anyway.

At least I have my Dad to thank for the fact that I most likely won’t go entirely bald or develop the dreaded bald patch, like one of my best friends, who if he’s reading this will know exactly who he is. Now that really would be cause to get out the gun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home