Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The secret of my success - plan B

Good day faithful readers. If by chance I don't manage to get myself a book deal, as I discussed in my post below, I do have other options available to me in order to make my fortune. However, these generally require substantially more work on my part, which I basically why I'm saving them as a last resort.

It's not necessarily top of my list, but one of my ideas is to open a restaurant. That's not new you say! Your chances of making a fortune that was are slim! Well, that's true, but I have a plan. You see one of things that I have really noticed while working at the world famous Blue Anchor Pub is the astonishing amount of food that is wasted. If you could actually give the customer the exact amount of food that they were going to eat instead of some predetermined quantity then I'm sure that you would be able to cut your food costs in half. Not only this, but I'm sure that there are a lot of people like myself out there who force themselves to eat every last bit of their meal, despite the fact they were feeling nicely full about half way through. This means that you've just spent extra money feeding this person food that they didn't even want.

I'm sure that every restaurant owner out there knows full well that if they were able to cut down their food expenses their profits would sore, it's just a matter of figuring out a way of controlling it all. Basically you want the customer to pay more or less dependent upon how hungry they are. Guy stumbles in after being lost in the outback for a month, $100 please. Kate Moss walks in, $1 please, free if I can have your phone number!

I think this idea is what places like Sizzler were trying to implement when they had their salad bar. They have people pay a fixed price, give them small plates so that they have to make lots of trips, and hope that the average person eats less than the cost of the meal. What they didn't count on what the determination and appetite of members of my family! No. no, no, it'll never work that way. I have thought of several ideas to control this pricing issue, however they all have fundamental flaws at the moment, so the restaurant idea will have to be put on hold for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home